[Peace-discuss] Letter sent to N-G

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:45:28 CST 2010

> As far as we know, Jewish Israelis have not yet planned a final solution for the Palestinians

A slight point of distinction between the Israeli government, the
Zionists, the Israeli Jews, and ... Perhaps you meant Zionist Israeli
Jews who think Palestinians are the scourge of the earth -- the few,
the proud, the powerful. Surely there is a name for these people. The
fourth Reich?

-karen medina

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On February 28th, News-Gazette editors reprinted an 1,100 word article from
> the L.A. Times on Israel’s anti-rocket defense plan against Gaza. It
> included two large pictures, one of a Jewish Israeli woman in her damaged
> home in Sderot, the other of smoke trails from Palestinian rockets. The
> article explored the use of $1 billion by Israel to develop and deploy an
> “Iron Dome” high-tech defense system. The article and pictures consumed
> about 1/4 of the Commentary section.
>

> I wonder if, in 1943, the editors would have printed an article, from the
> German perspective, of Nazi efforts to defend German cities against Allied
> bombing, complete with a picture of a clearly pious Christian German woman
> beneath a damaged ceiling in an  otherwise civilized living room. I also
> wonder if during the same year they would have published a German
> perspective on Nazi efforts to combat Jewish terrorism in the Warsaw Ghetto.
>

> The analogy may not be perfect. As far as we know, Jewish Israelis have not
> yet planned a final solution for the Palestinians, and Palestinians have not
> yet accepted their fate. Nevertheless, the analogy holds in terms of the
> distinction between perpetrator and victim, and their relative power. The
> analogy also holds in terms of the perversity of the propaganda itself.
> Goebbels would see this article as an exquisite example of journalism in the
> service of higher civilization.
>

> I hope that the editors of the News-Gazette are proud to be compared to such
> an illustrious practitioner of rhetorical persuasion.
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

karen medina
"In this universe, we are given two gifts: the ability to love, and
the ability to ask questions." (Mary Oliver, American poet)
A third gift is the ability to laugh. (Jenifer, a friend)

believed to be clean.