[Peace-discuss] jobs bill

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 3 13:09:38 CST 2010

The jobs bill doesn't go far enough... needs a dose of the Peoples Potluck!

http://theclayeater.blogspot.com/

"Is the jobs bill the Dems are so proud of (well, not the Blue Dogs) truly a good, albeit insufficient, start?  Es posible.  Certainly it makes more sense than the POP (Party of Palin) ever-twisting nonsense: so it's too hard for struggling small business owners/managers to figure out some "fancy" tax credit, eh? [ ...]

"[...] Well, in at least one respect this is accurate: the new bill doesn't
fall far enough from the TARP tree. True, as the good folks at EquityBlog
remind us, the effort lacks equity, i.e. needs to focus on local
hiring, underserved populations and firms, infrastructure (public
transportation so poor people can get to work, etc.). Better, we could
flesh this out into something like a PLA.  But in the long run we will still need something deeper. [...]"

Ricky

"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn