[Peace-discuss] "I Have a Dream!"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 13 14:24:29 CST 2010

[Dennis Perrin wrote this remarkably prescient piece the night that Obama got
the Democratic party's nomination for president. --CGE]

	Friday, August 29, 2008
	O, Bomb It On The Mountain

The chief and most annoying feature about Obama's nomination is how white
liberals can't stop congratulating themselves for supporting an African-American
for president. Even my pal Jon Schwarz got sucked in. "Good job, America!"
Yeesh. That's your brain on an Ivy League education.

The other prominent, disgusting aspect about last night's event was CNN
continually reminding us that Obama was accepting the Dem nomination 45 years to
the day of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech. Other than skin
color, I really can't see much resemblance between the two. Obama the community
activist is long dead. The guy is one step away from managing an aggressive
empire. Not quite what King had in mind, I'm guessing.

"I have a dream, that one day, a man of African heritage will rise up from
humble beginnings, and take the reins of imperial power, bombing and starving
poor people he's never met in order appease those affluent few who made his
ascent possible. I have a dream today!"

And don't think that Obama won't bomb poor people. Afghanistan is only the first
target. Senator Change openly promised more aggression as liberals cheered his
line about preparing for "future conflicts." I saw one bearded youth sporting a
peace sign applauding Obama's martial rhetoric. What have I told you about
liberals getting a whiff of blood?

"We're a better country than this," Obama assures us. Really? What movie has he
been watching? All I saw last night was collective mania and delusion. The fact
that a black man may lead the next phase of empire is genius, a beautiful cover.
How long the con will last is anyone's guess...

http://dennisperrin.blogspot.com/2008/08/o-bomb-it-on-mountain.html

believed to be clean.