[Peace-discuss] Fw: [ChicagoIWW] Fwd: [Iww-list] Emergency Relief and Solidarity Neededfor Haiti

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Thu Jan 14 20:34:59 CST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Marshall Arnold
To: Chicago IWW
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:04 PM
Subject: [ChicagoIWW] Fwd: [Iww-list] Emergency Relief and Solidarity Neededfor Haiti

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: matt antosh <phatmatt_11 at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM
To: iww-list at lists.iww.org

A devastating 7.0 earthquake hit Haiti Tuesday January 12th. Thousands have been killed, and much Port au Prince leveled. This follows a series of deadly hurricanes in late 2008, and decades of foreign-influenced economic terrorism, culminating in a US-led coup in 2004, and continuing UN occupation. Haiti, the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere, is the only country to successfully liberate itself from slavery and the former colonial masters have not let them forget. Most people live on less than $2 a day, and many on less than $1. In April 2008 representatives of the ISC participated in an IWW delegation to Haiti where they met with workers and peasants struggling against neo-liberal slavery. We pledged our continued support to their struggle, and FW's donated generously to support their organizing, and again for aid following the hurricanes. Currently communications with Haiti are nearly impossible, but no doubt they will need our help again.

The delegation made a short video about our trip, "Haiti's Tourniquet" which we're selling for $15 (includes shipping) to raise money for our comrades in Haiti, and any donations large or small are greatly appreciated.

You can purchase videos and send donations to: Nathaniel Miller, PO Box 31909, Philadelphia, PA 19104-- please mark checks "IWW Haiti Fund," and note if you want a video. Contact nathaniel at iww.org to arrange online payment, or for other questions.

believed to be clean.