[Peace-discuss] Obama lies about nukes, too

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 16 11:28:37 CST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:21:34AM -0600, Morton K. Brussel wrote:
> The 10% increase in the budget for these laboratories is large. The labs are
> considered valuable national resources, which need to keep attracting
> scientists, so this increase may be intended to keep the morale up at these
> labs. But it is clearly a move in the wrong direction from the standpoint of
> nuclear weapon de-escalation.

OK.

Mort, do you think it's likely that the proposal for a new generation of
nuclear weapons will actually be followed through?  It seems to me to be
something that's politically in play, so that speaking up against it
might make a difference.

> Incidentally, Stuart, is there something amiss with the
> peace-discuss at anti-war.net address. I've received rejections of messages I've
> sent to that address.

I'm not sure.  I haven't had trouble with it yet, but Barbara Kessel had reported
a similar problem -- I passed it on to the IMC people who run that mail server
but haven't heard anything back.   Has anyone else had trouble with mail, which had been
sent to peace or peace-discuss, bouncing back and not getting through to the mailing list?
The error message Barbara got back (via google mail) included the notice:

    <peace-discuss at anti-war.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

Has anyone else seen that?  If so please write back to me, not peace-discuss.

believed to be clean.