[Peace-discuss] Obama's anti-jobs program

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:57:32 CST 2010

"The difference between longer hours and more workers can be dramatic. If
employers opted to have their existing work force employed on average for 1
percent more hours, this would fill the same demand for labor as hiring 1.4
million workers. Countries like Germany and the Netherlands have managed to
keep their unemployment rate from rising in this downturn by encouraging
companies to have workers employed for fewer hours. (The unemployment rate
in the Netherlands is under 4.0 percent.)"

This has long been my philosophy.  Without a nap, people are only truly
productive for about 5-6 hours a day anyway.  And if EVERYONE is working
fewer hours, this reduces the disparity in wealth between those who are
employed and working overtime, and those who are unemployed.

believed to be clean.