[Peace-discuss] Never vote for the pro-war Democrats again

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Jul 3 13:38:21 CDT 2010

[The following is from the Democratic National Committee. AWARE has pointed out
ever since Obama's "town meeting" in C-U in 2005 that his and the Democrats'
anti-war talk was fraudulent. It's hard to doubt that now. --CGE]

"...the Republican Party position is that we should walk away from the fight
against Al Qaeda and the Taliban without finishing the job ... the Chairman of
the Republican Party thinks we have no business in Afghanistan notwithstanding
the fact that we are there because we were attacked by terrorists on 9-11.

"...the American people will be interested to hear that the leader of the
Republican Party thinks recent events related to the war are 'comical' and that
he is betting against our troops and rooting for failure in Afghanistan. It's
simply unconscionable that Michael Steele would undermine the morale of our
troops when what they need is our support and encouragement. Michael Steele
would do well to remember that we are not in Afghanistan by our own choosing,
that we were attacked and that his words have consequences."

If that were true, it would be a good reason to vote Republican.