[Peace-discuss] could it be?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 7 18:10:49 CDT 2010

AfPak is another bubble, like housing? Hmm. Let's let the air out of it.

But maybe all it means is that the arms dealers, rather than the banksters, will
get rich from this one (like the inscos, from healthcare).

Americans are about to stop Obama from robbing the treasury to make friends with
the rich people he oh-so-desperately wants to part of - for war, for healthcare,
for Wall Street - but American politics are so corrupt that the alternative is
just as bad.

Until we start demanding from whoever is in office - and it really doesn't
matter - jobs, housing, income support, free healthcare and education, as well
as immediate cessation of foreign hostilities - we're simply exchanging one
group of exploiters for another: écrasez l'infâme...

OK, you've got me with another cultural reference: I think Lily Lamont was a
'30s stripper who appeared in some movies...?  --CGE