[Peace-discuss] Laugh at him

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 15 19:30:41 CDT 2010

"...Obama is a goddamned liar and you should laugh at him until he is mercifully
out of office and we no longer have to hear from 'progressives' that the war is
over despite even more people dying all the damn time."

	Somalia Spin Could Make You Dizzy
	Jeremy Sapienza, July 14, 2010

Actually, that seems to be the very point of idiotic statements by none other
than the President of the United States, shocking I know, referring to the
recent Uganda bombings, such as:

     “On the one hand, you have a vision of an Africa on the move, an Africa
that is unified, an Africa that is modernising and creating opportunities, and
on the other hand, you’ve got a vision of al-Qaeda and al-Shabab that is about
destruction and death.”

I wonder what Mr. Obama thinks the “vision” is exactly when Ugandan troops
randomly — regrettably imprecisely, our man might say — shell Mogadishu
neighborhoods in the general direction of those al-Shabaab crazies and blow up
children playing (yes!) soccer. Oh but you see, just like Israel killing 10
times more Palestinians than vice versa, not to mention uncountable-fold
Lebanese, the Ugandans have a purity of arms insomuch as that they didn’t
intentionally target those inconveniently playful kids that they nonetheless
turned into sausage filling.

Telling though, this use of the word “vision” to describe Africa, a place which
despite his patrilineage does not help to inform the president as to what daily
life could possibly be like there. Obama is reduced to having vague “visions” of
the dark continent, which is fine, really, because as long as it serves him
really well as a talking point — and it does — then for him it’s all good. And
if his boys can call al-Qaeda “racist” while this iron is hot, MAN is that ever
for the better! To wit:

     "An administration official went further, saying that the Ugandan attacks
show that 'al-Qaeda is a racist organisation that treats black Africans like
cannon fodder and does not value human life.'"

It almost justifies the billion or so dollars a minute spent trying to make
Afghanistan a Jeffersonian democracy and chase out the literal hovel-full of
“al-Qaeda” members, doesn’t it?

No.

And anyway, mentioning al-Qaeda when talking about al-Shabaab is so unbelievably
far from the real state of things as to expose the president either as a
complete moron incapable of reason or a Machiavellian scumbag befitting the
ranks of some of history greatest scoundrels. Oh, haha, I know — YES,
UNbelievably. I am indeed shocked all the time by these people despite their
past idiocies and transgressions upon civilized decency. But back on track here,
al-Shabaab is to al-Qaeda as the FARC is to Marx. The former are inspired by the
ideals of the latter. That’s the end of this connection, especially considering
as mentioned above and elsewhere by none other than the director of the CIA that
Classic “al-Qaeda” numbers maybe 100 men. No, there are no zeros left off of
this figure. That’s like a billion bucks per year per bad guy, effectively zero
of whom US troops have ever captured or confirmed killed.

Where was I? Oh yes, Obama is a goddamned liar and you should laugh at him until

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2010/07/14/somalia-spin-could-make-you-dizzy/