[Peace-discuss] [Discuss] Non-interaction with Champaign police

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:29:14 CDT 2010

Al Johnston (hubby of Julia Rietz)  lost a fully loaded gun driving out of
Cherry Hills, and they still haven't found it yet. The News-Gazette sat on
the story until after Julia got re-elected. I wouldn't be surprised if that
gun is found at the scene of a crime.

Champaign cops often run on a 'see no evil; hear no evil' type of protocol.
So I wouldn't be surprised if a bad driver got away with mischief in Cherry
Hills. However, if this became a daily practice and enough people got pissed
off then the police would act. If what happened in Hessel Park was an
isolated one-time occurrence I wouldn't expect much to be done.