[Peace-discuss] SB1070 ant-immigrant-law July 29th action? (Neil I-74 overpass?)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 25 04:58:54 CDT 2010

Would AWARE like to be involved in a demonstration against Arizona's
anti-immigrant SB 1070 law, on the day it comes into effect,
this Thursday, July 29th?

I think Jesse Phillippe mentioned this week that there's a national
day of action proposed, and that he's inviting people to be
part of planning something locally -- right?

And, yesterday at the Catholic Worker house I met Allison and Sam,
recently arrived in C-U, who are planning an event for that day:
a demonstration on the Neil overpass over I-74.   I'm not sure of
the proposed time.  They weren't aware of other local plans.
It'd be good to coordinate -- even if there ends up being
more than one event that day.

It sounds as though Sam and Allison will come to this afternoon's AWARE meeting
(5PM, McKinley Foundation Dean Clark room, 5th & Daniel) to talk about it.

Personally I like the idea of the highway overpass.

   Stuart