[Peace-discuss] curiouser and ives

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Jul 26 12:07:14 CDT 2010

well i meant curiouser and curiouser...

But can you guess the author of these words?

  Differences between Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas are of degree, not kind. Moreover, 2009-10 establishment Republicans sought only to modify the government's agenda while showing eagerness to join the Democrats in new grand schemes, if only they were allowed to."  Well, this resonated with me because I plaintively say, "Why do you Republicans continue to accept their premise on everything and then deal with it on the margins?  ...Why do we accept the premise that there must be a stimulus package?  Why do they set the agenda?"  This piece is partially the answer: They're all part of the ruling class.  The Republicans want to be even more accepted in the ruling class.  They want to be even more powerful.  They want to be considered part of it.  They want to be in the clique.

  ... Now, here we have people like Trent Lott, everybody's assumed is a conservative all along, now being threatened by the arrival of a Tea Party caucus, ah, ah, ah, ah, "'We don't need a lot of Jim DeMint disciples. As soon as they get here, we need to co-opt them.'  But Lott said he's not expecting a tea-party sweep. 'I still have faith in the visceral judgment of the American people.'"

  So all of you looking at the Tea Party thinking it's the Republican Party's salvation, the Republican members of the ruling class are just as threatened by the Tea Party as the Democrats are.  Because the Tea Party is outsiders; the Tea Party is not in the big clique; the Tea Party does not want to be in the big clique.  The Tea Party wants to wrest power away from the big clique.

and the author?

Rush Limbaugh?  What?