[Peace-discuss] Everybody Loves Me Baby

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Jul 29 09:57:46 CDT 2010

A second-person response to that Everybody Loves Me Baby guy
or maybe a even more Mussolini-esque character is given in
a perhaps obscure song by the obscure and prolific Syd Barrett protege'
Robyn Hitchcock.  "Mexican God":

Chip-chip-chipper up in the crow's nest
Upside down face but it still saw a lot
Flaking off, breaking off, crumbled and cracking
Time will destroy you like a Mexican god

Dreaming your eyes away, closed to the future
Pray for amnesia to finish you off
This is the evil I wished on so many
Time will destroy you like a Mexican god

Moon in a cup, crushed garlic and babies
Sailors all stagnant and bloating and rough
The horror of you floats so close by my window
At least when I die, your memory will too

Cruel, magnificent, roasting your people
I am secure at the end of your rod
Cut out my heart and it flies to the ceiling
Time will destroy you like a Mexican god
Time will destroy you like a Mexican god
Time will destroy you

*****
This cover hits the guitar licks quite well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNEJVeS1Z04