[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Partial victory against SB 1070. Protest is still on!

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:20:06 CDT 2010

> "Kill 'em all" T-Shirts.
> "Border Patrol" t-shirts, caps, and perhaps other paraphernalia.

I was helping a friend move and one of the hired movers noticed my
bumper sticker that said, "It's hard to convince people that you're
killing them for their own good - Molly Ivins" and he asked me what it
might be referring to.

I answered, "Well, Iraq and Afghanistan for starters."

Another mover walked by and said, "You don't even have to go out of
this country." I am not sure what he was meant and I did not get a
chance to ask because the first mover started telling me it was a cool
bumper sticker and ...

Turns out this moving guy used to be a journalist and was working in
England when the first Gulf War broke out. He and I were talking about
Bin Laden and the Russian invasion and a bunch of other stuff.

Surprising conversations.

-karen medina