[Peace-discuss] Fwd: The Great Internet Rip-Off

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:36:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM, E.Wayne Johnson <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote:

>  Writing to the FCC about communications in the US is like
> writing to the Fox about safety in the Chickenhouse.

That's why I rarely write or call politicians, Wayne, though I do often sign
the online petitions.  But here I thought the stats were interesting.
Obviously other countries perceive things a bit differently than we do here
in the "free market" US of A.

>  Part of the mission of the FCC is to ensure that the entrenched oligopoly
> remains in charge of communications and that the investments of the
> oligopoly are well protected from new entrants and too rapid changes
> in technology.

If I knew what an oligopoly was, I'd probably agree with you.

believed to be clean.