[Peace-discuss] Goodman interview with Kucinich & Nader

Brussel Morton K. MKBRUSSEL at COMCAST.NET
Thu Mar 18 20:50:22 CDT 2010

As no doubt many of you know, Kucinich and Nader were guests of Amy Goodman on her show today.

They were both questioned about the health bill in Congress. If Kucinich had some credibility before his big switch to support the health bill, I believe he has now lost it. It was a dismal performance on his part. Nader, on the other hand, didn't mince words and, politely, in effect said that Kucinich was making a big mistake, under pressure to be sure, a pressure he couldn't withstand.

On the wars and occupations, Kucinich still maintained his position of opposition to them, but said we ought to be careful not to criticize Obama too much, because that could lose the forthcoming elections to the Republicans. Here too was a loss of credibility.

Nader told it like it is.

CCHCC in town should also learn a lesson from all this. They support the passage of this miserable bill, which Nader pointed out may not even deliver its promised benefits to the now uninsured.

Tune in to DemocracyNow! if you have the intestinal fortitude for it.

--mkb

believed to be clean.