[Peace-discuss] [cchcc-l] Saturday's Health Reform Update &Take Action!

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Sun Mar 21 17:45:35 CDT 2010

Here is the problem John,

We have some really excellent well intentioned and hard working activists for health care for all in both CCHCC and CBHC.

With that said, I seem to perceive that many of these activists are under the dellusion that the democratic party in general are their " friends " and that they can " play " the political process to obtain their ( our ) objectives.

What they fail to understand is that it is a rigged game.
We cannot  compete in the political game with the same failing startegies for two main reasons.

1) We cannot match corporate money. WE need to hit them ( the sell-out corporate dems ) where it hurts the most, deny them our ; volunteer campaign time ( phone banks, door to door, etc. ) and our votes, and our money as well.

Look at organized labor this last election. HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of rank and file Union members doing phone banks and door to door for Obama and the Dems, and the votes of Union members and their families ( which is a huge percentage of working class votes since Union members have a much higher voter registration rate than their non-Union counterparts ). This made ALL of the difference in swing states like ; Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida, which would NOT have went to Obama otherwise.
What was Organized Labor's pay back ?...
Totally ignored and patronized by the Obama admin. and the dems in general in regards to ANY of their issues ( in particular the Employee Free Choice Act ).
Basicly, a " thank you very much, fuck you very much " response.

In essence, this is what the dem poitician"s attitude is ; That we are too stupid to realize that we are being played in a " good cop / bad cop " game. They ( most dems and repubs ) are on the same corporate team, playing against us ( WE THE PEOPLE ).
And that even if some of us realize that we are being played, that we have no where else to go. That we won't vote republican or for a third party.
They think the majority of the American people are sheep and that they can play both sides of the street ( corporate money and the votes of the people ).
Well time has shown who always wins out in that scenario.

2) We are allowing the corporate media to control the narrative, that is, define the issues.
     This is what caused Kucinich last week to cave-in.

3) Many activists think that some reform is better than no reform, even when it harms the long-term objective.

We all need to think and act outside the box. NOT play by their rules. Define our own narrative by speaking the truth and REFUSING to submit to compromise that harms the long-term objective.

One manifestation of this should be our refusal to support dems or ANY candidate for public office in the 2010 election who take corporate money.
The other practice ( in my opinion ) should be to tell our ; friends family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. not just the previous, but also to stop watching and listening to the corporate media for information.
It is all lies and distortions and most people acknowledge this, but most still watch and listen to it out of habit.

Just my opinions, but we MUST change the strategies.
Because the traditional tactics are NOT working.

David Johnson