[Peace-discuss] Fw: [police oversight] '10 Rules for Dealing with Police' seeks to teach constitutional rights

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Thu Mar 25 12:58:59 CDT 2010

For what it is worth, I think that the contents of this article are of some merit and worth taking into consideration given the general validity of what is being said.  I would take the liberty of suggesting that it might be a good thing to obtain copies of the film mentioned and show it in the schools as well as community centers, churches, and other community facilities.

As a side note, I also think it might be of some use if it were shown to police recruits in the PTI and officers - particularly patrol officers and supervisory personnel - in the various law enforcement departments so as to make them aware of some of the "seen-but-unnoticed" practices and understandings that they might be employing in evaluating situations that result in inflaming already potentially contentious and volatile interactions and situations.  This might be a beneficial step in improving community relations.