[Peace-discuss] Alan Grayson's public option bill [info at boldprogressives.org: want Medicare?]

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 26 13:51:38 CDT 2010

Rep. Alan Grayson introduces a public option bill...

----- Forwarded message from "Aaron Swartz, BoldProgressives.org" <info at boldprogressives.org> -----

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:40:42 +0000
From: "Aaron Swartz, BoldProgressives.org" <info at boldprogressives.org>
Subject: want Medicare?

                    [1]Progressive Change Campaign Committee

      Stuart,

   One chapter in the fight for health care reform just ended, and another
   begins...

   In a new video to PCCC members, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) says, "We all
   know the health care bill is missing one important thing -- and that's the
   public option."

   Grayson just introduced the "Medicare You Can Buy Into Act," a stronger
   public option that would be available to everyone. It's got huge momentum
   with 80 co-sponsors already.

   Grayson is asking PCCC members to help him get to 100 co-sponsors.
   [1]Click here to see his personal request for help -- and then, call Representative Timothy Johnson. (We give you the number and script.)

   [2]Alan Grayson needs your help

   With your help, we will continue fighting for real choice and competition
   in this country -- and take on the big insurance companies. That means a
   real public option.

   Thanks for being a bold progressive.

   -- Aaron Swartz, Stephanie Taylor, Adam Green, and the PCCC team

   P.S. Grayson has an upcoming FEC fundraising deadline on March 31 --
   people will look at his numbers as a sign of his 2010 momentum. [3]If
   you'd like to chip in $4 to his campaign, click here.