[Peace-discuss] ron paul - we can do better with peace

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 05:27:44 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:13 AM, E.Wayne Johnson <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote:

>  I think the point is that most of the Tea Partiers dont much like the
> Republicans either.

I guess we'll have to disagree on that one.  They certainly seem to like the
Republican slogans.

>  Toys and Junk Food sounds good to me.  Stop by some time with
> some watermelon and a few bottles of beer and we''ll do some karaoke.

Now there's an offer it will be extremely difficult to refuse.  ;-)

>  Like I say though, these people lack good info.

Why?  It's certainly available, particularly in the internet era.  Why don't
they read?  Why do they cling to the notion that Faux News is "fair and
balanced"?  Why do they believe Rush Limbaugh's crap?  Why are they
incapable of critical thinking?

>  They arent violent.  If they were, there'd be outbreaks already.

There are.  There have been.  They're not organized, though.  Generally a
single gun nut loses his mind and "goes postal".  It's very difficult to
organize collective armed violence against the government in the United
States, in case you hadn't noticed.

>  But I dont think that they ought to be pushed any further.

Crap, there are virtually no limits to which the "great masses" of Americans
can be pushed.  Especially when the propaganda is so pervasive, as Carl is
always pointing out.  The masses LOVE propaganda as long as it caters to
their insecurities.  They eat it up.

>  In what ways are you like the Tea Partiers, John?

Precious few.  I like liberty as well as the next guy, but not to the
exclusion of the collective good.  I recognize that most of our politicians
are liars, but I have a quite different idea than the Tea Partiers do as to
what our "leaders" are lying ABOUT.

>  Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"?

No.  Should I?  Who made it?  What's it about?

believed to be clean.