[Peace-discuss] Obama's killer joke

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu May 6 13:08:25 CDT 2010

President Obama made his Predator joke at the White House correspondents' dinner
with the casual arrogance we've come to expect of his attitude towards the
killing he's ordered.  Practically the first act of the Obama administration was
to increase substantially the use of the deadly weapon that has killed more
innocent civilians in Pakistan than the "terrorists" have.

Is it surprising that the Pakistanis hate us?  They know the US government
considers Pakistan potentially the greatest threat to its dominance of the
Mideast and its energy resources - and that we'll stop at nothing to control
that country - and the region - because of the leverage control of those
resources gives us in regard to our economic rivals in Europe and Asia.  That's
why Obama's spending so much money - and killing so many people - in AfPak.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/05/obama-drone-joke-was-it-offens.html?wprss=44

believed to be clean.