[Peace-discuss] JFP 5/6: Will Obama Say Yes to Afghan Peace Talks?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu May 6 18:57:05 CDT 2010

I think people should look at the proposals clearly:

--on the one hand, a call for a campaign to tell our representatives to defund
the Obama administration's mass murder in the Middle East;

--on the other, a call for support for a non-binding resolution that will allow
Congressional representatives to say that they voted "against the war" while
continuing to vote to fund it - as in the upcoming $33 billion supplemental.

Your estimate of my opinion or Swanson's is not the issue - but it does suggest
that you realize how indefensible your position is. --CGE

On 5/6/10 6:41 PM, Robert Naiman wrote:
> Because I value Swanson's opinion in this matter as much as I value yours.
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM, C. G. Estabrook<galliher at illinois.edu>  wrote:
>> Then why are you promoting this smokescreen resolution for the continuation
>> of
>> the war?  Why not work for an ending to the war via a funding cut-off, as in
>> Vietnam and Nicaragua?
>>

>> On 5/6/10 6:25 PM, Robert Naiman wrote:
>>>
>>> I already get all of Swanson's stuff, multiple times, because I am on many
>>> lists that Swanson posts too. I saw this days ago. Nothing is gained by
>>> sending me a 17th copy of Swanson's stuff.

>> --
>> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.