[Peace-discuss] M.K.B. has forwarded an article to you from CommonDreams.org: Kagan in Context: Shafting Progressive Values

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:49:01 CDT 2010

That's what makes a horse race, I guess.
Here's Greenwald again on Rachel Maddow last nite...www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#37074824
and (same show) Lawrence Lessig rebuttingwww.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#37074947which again evens things out pro and con...
Bottom line: The Repubs are raising such a stink against Obama's mainstream nominees that a true progressive wouldn't stand a chance of being confirmed... plus another liberal judge wouldn't move the court to the left anyhow -- it'd still be 4 against 4, with Kennedy still siding w/ the conservatives most of the time. So the Admin's strategy seems to nominate someone who has a chance of making headway w/ Kennedy at least some of the time, persuade him to vote w/ the liberals, and keep the Court from moving any farther to the right than it already has.
Yeah, it sucks, we can agree on that for sure. --Jenifer