[Peace-discuss] CNN Projects Grayson loses re-election in Fla.

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 2 19:52:57 CDT 2010

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/november/168654/Grayson-concedes-in-District-8-race

Grayson concedes in District 8 race
Alan Grayson concedes to Daniel Webster.
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 8:40 PM

ORLANDO --Incumbent Alan Grayson has conceded to Republican Daniel Webster in
the race for the Congressional District 8 seat.

Grayson conceded at his watch party at Slingapour's in downtown Orlando Tuesday
night.

Grayson's campaign said they needed a massive Democratic turnout to win, and
that simply didn't happen with the weather.

This race received a lot of national attention due to the negativity and
Grayson's antics.

Webster issued the following statement after Grayson's concession Tuesday.

"This is a new day for our Country and I am thankful to be a part of it. This is
a huge victory for people who are tired of the politics of personal destruction.
We ran a positive campaign against a broken system. Now it's time to begin the
work of fixing it."