[Peace-discuss] Fw: URGENT: Social Security Cuts

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 17:33:00 CST 2010

The first of many petitions for y'all to sign and send... --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 11/10/10, Michael Whitney, Firedoglake <act at firedoglake.com> wrote:

		Cutting Social Security for

		corporate tax cuts? Hell no!

		Tell the Catfood Commission:

		Hands Off Social Security!

		Click here to sign the petition

	Hi Jenifer -

	Social Security cuts are coming for "virtually every American alive and those yet to be born."1

	And for what? Corporate tax cuts.2

	Seriously: the co-chairs of President Obama's deficit commission want to cut Social Security benefits for everyone making more than $25,000 a year. And then cap corporate taxes at just 26%.

	Every member of this commission, every member of Congress, and President Obama himself must reject these insane ideas. We're starting an emergency petition to the Catfood Commission to take Social Security cuts off the table.

	Sign our petition to the Catfood Commission: hands off Social Security. Click here to add your name:

	http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/HandsOff

	The proposed cuts to Social Security are so deep, for so many people. This is a direct attack on America's middle class for the benefit of Corporate America.

	We have an opening to keep Social Security safe. Today's report consists of the recommendations of the Catfood Commission's co-chairs, who were appointed by President Obama. You'll remember one of them: Alan "Social Security is a Milk Cow with 310 Million Tits" Simpson. He's the guy who also said the Catfood Commission had to cut Social Security to "help the lesser people of society."

	Simpson's ideas are so awful, sixteen other members of the Catfood Commission didn't want to touch it.3 Problem is, this is the "starting point" for discussions. This will be negotiated, and many of these awful ideas could be in the final proposal. We need to stop it now.

	Hands off Social Security: sign the petition to the Catfood Commission. Click here.

	We owe our citizens better than a retirement with cat food on the dinner table. That's why we call it the Catfood Commission: the proposed Social Security cuts to virtually every American would mean far less money in their pockets.

	It's bad enough to even think about cutting Social Security - but to do it to pay for corporate tax cuts? That's insane.

	We need to make sure they hear us loud and clear: hands off of Social Security.

	Click here to sign our petition to the Catfood Commission: don't touch Social Security.

	Thanks for all you do

	Michael Whitney

	Firedoglake.com

	1. Statement of Eric Kingson, Co-chair, Strengthen Social Security Campaign. 11/10/10

	2. "Fiscal Commission Recommendations: VA Co-Pays, Top Tax Rate 23%" David Dayen, Firedoglake. 11/10/10 http://fdl.me/9DQmLx

	3. U.S. Debt Proposal Would Cut Social Security, Taxes, Medicare. Bloomberg News, 11/10/10 http://fdl.me/aaTRoL
Contribute to Firedoglake to support our activism. Click here:
This email was sent to:
  jencart13 at yahoo.com

To unsubscribe, go to: