[Peace-discuss] Axelrod: maybe we can work with the Tea Party to end the Afghanistan war

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:55:13 CST 2010

<A student of history and a onetime political reporter, Axelrod
expressed curiosity and even some optimism about the tea party,
suggesting that Obama could work with them on matters such as a ban on
spending earmarks and on winding down the war in Afghanistan.

If so, Obama would turn the Clinton-era triangulation strategy on its
head, reaching out not to the moderates in the other party but to the
new breed of conservatives who could bring the ideological arc of
Congress full circle.

Can the White House work with them? "It is a fascinating time in our
history," he said, "and I don't think anybody really knows. I mean I
have watched carefully some of these folks on television. I don't
think this is nearly as predictable as people think.">

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/10/white-house-gives-in-on-bush-tax-cuts_n_781992.html

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Urge Congress to Support a Timetable for Military Withdrawal from Afghanistan
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/feingold-mcgovern