[Peace-discuss] "Thank a vet?"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 11 18:21:04 CST 2010

"...What is there to thank our soldiers for? They are not defending our
freedoms. They are not keeping us safe from our enemies. They are not protecting
us from terrorists. They are not guaranteeing our First Amendment rights. They
are not defending U.S. borders. They are not guarding U.S. shores. They are not
patrolling U.S. coasts. They are not enforcing no-fly zones over U.S. skies.
They are not fighting "over there" so we don’t have to fight "over here." They
are not avenging 9/11. They are not safeguarding the American way of life. Oh,
and they are not ensuring that I have the liberty to write what I do about the
military..."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance216.html

The author is some version of Libertarian.