[Peace-discuss] ACLU liberals

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 12:03:11 CST 2010

The last time I saw David Gehrig, he was manning the ACLU table at the Farmers
Market. I hear that he has resigned from the Urbana City Council. Here's his
comment in response to my DI letter:

http://www.dailyillini.com/opinions/letters-to-the-editor/2010/11/17/exploitation-of-war-for-fun-profit-disturbing#comments-title

"Is the Daily Illini really so hard up for letters that it must print
near-weekly squashrot from the fringe flake David Green? Has he absolutely no
idea of how he comes across? I've never seen anyone so brilliantly incarnate
every facet of the far-right parody of what a dour, smug,
holds-the-copyright-on-sanctimonious leftist is like. Is he some kind of
counter-Colbert, except that nobody's in on the joke?"