[Peace-discuss] Pact for Peace

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Nov 20 11:46:44 CST 2010

In late-breaking news from the summer of 1939, foreign ministers meeting in
conference announce that they "are 'united' on meeting the challenges of Poland,
including a plan to transfer security responsibility to the Poles in four years."

Germany will remain a long-term partner of Poland.

The foreign ministers also discuss new plans for a joint German-USSR defense
plan, and improved European relations with Russia. "We see Russia as a partner,
not an adversary," the Leader says.

"Overall, this has been an extremely productive two days."

Also, Germany will host the next European summit, in Moscow in two years, the
Leader announces.

=================
Obama: U.S., NATO 'united' on Afghanistan
By Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP

In an opening statement, Obama says the U.S. and NATO are "united" on meeting
the challenges of Afghanistan, including a plan to transfer security
responsibility to the Afghans in 2014. Notes that Afghan President Hamid Karzai
agrees with the plan, and that the U.S. will remain a long-term partner of
Afghanistan.

Obama also discusses new plans for a joint U.S.-NATO missile defense plan, and
improved NATO relations with Russia. "We see Russia as a partner, not an
adversary," Obama says.

"Overall, this has been an extremely productive two days," Obama says of the
NATO summit.

Also, the U.S. host the next NATO summit, in 2012, the president announces.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/11/obama-holds-nato-news-conference/1