[Peace-discuss] interview with freedom fighters in afghanistan

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Nov 26 18:36:50 CST 2010

...as long as their land was under occupation they would struggle to
liberate it.  They would continue to fight until the foreigners left.
Their argument was with the Americans, not the Afghan government. They
did not want to bring down the government, they just wanted to renew it.

"The Taliban have no problem with the Afghan government. We have no
problem with Karzai or the Afghans. The problem lies with the
Americans," he said.  "Why would we negotiate with Karzai if he has no
say in running his government? They are under occupation and all orders
come from foreigners."

The Americans, he said, had not talked to any senior Taliban to his
knowledge. However, "the government and the Taliban have been talking
for two years on local matters, health-related issues, prisoner
exchange, education.  "This is not a negotiation, this is a way to help
and benefit our Afghan people and nation. Negotiations haven't started yet."

"The Americans behave with arrogance and if they don't want to be
defeated in Afghanistan they should talk.
"They don't belong here," he said. "They are foreigners, outsiders."

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/11/26-4