[Peace-discuss] FDL: Bring medical marijuana to Illinois

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 15:37:47 CST 2010

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/speakout/ilmj

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Whitney, JustSayNow.com <act at firedoglake.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:08 PM
Subject: Bring medical marijuana to Illinois
To: Robert Naiman <naiman.uiuc at gmail.com>

 URGENT: DEADLINE TOMORROW!

Write Your State Representative
in Support of Medical
Marijuana<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5f/321284729/VEsH/>

<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5f/321284729/VEsE/>

Click here to write your
representative<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5f/321284729/VEsF/>

Hey Robert -

This is really urgent -- Illinois is scheduled to vote TOMORROW on medical
marijuana.

We are so close to bringing medical marijuana to Illinois, but a few key
members of the State House are still withholding their support. We need you
to speak out in support of patients before it's too late.

The vote for medical marijuana in Illinois takes place TOMORROW. Click here
to write your state representative to support SB. 1381 to bring medical
marijuana to Illinois
patients.<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5f/321284729/VEsC/>

The bill to bring medical marijuana to Illinois, SB. 1381, would strictly
regulate the production and consumption of medical marijuana for the
seriously ill. By setting up state-licensed compassion centers for
card-carrying medical marijuana patients, SB. 1381 provides for the sick and
protects our communities at the very same time.

We need to continue to urge our representatives' support of the
compassionate choice for those suffering from cancer, HIV/AIDS, MS and other
debilitating diseases in our state. But a few members remain on the fence,
and they need to hear from us before tomorrow's vote.

Patients in Illinois can't wait any longer for relief. Criminalizing
treatment for our sickest fellow citizens is wrong and inhumane, and it's up
to us to push our representatives to do the right thing.

Stand up for Illinois patients. Click here to write an email to your
Illinois state representative in support of medical
marijuana.<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5f/321284729/VEsD/>

Thanks for all you do to help end the war on marijuana.

Michael Whitney
Just Say Now

------------------------------

Contribute to Just Say Now to support marijuana legalization. Click here:

<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5c/321284729/VEsA/>

<http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c5d/321284729/VEsB/><http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d55a/4593a465/63ccd643/3dc65c52/321284729/VEsO/>

This email was sent to:
naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

To unsubscribe, go to:

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Urge Congress to Support a Timetable for Military Withdrawal from
Afghanistan
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/feingold-mcgovern