[Peace-discuss] War-is-the-Health-of-the-State quiz

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 29 19:06:20 CST 2010

Of course you're correct.  I mention it because we actually had someone at last
week's AWARE meeting defending the view that Barry the Freedom Fighter of course
Wants to Do the Right Thing, but the Republicans are Preventing Him...

A shocking number of Americans of the political class (roughly, the 20% of the
population who graduated from a Good College)  believe that.

We can only hope that Jefferson was right when he spoke up for the other 80% and
for those "who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them,
cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most
wise depositary of the public interests."

That's the only way the policies of this government - and its propaganda
apparatus in the ideological institutions of media & education - can be reversed.