[Peace-discuss] "Chief" Homecoming event is CANCELLED!!

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:00:17 CDT 2010

> Censorship triumphs? Are we proud?

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we
don't believe in it at all.
~Noam Chomsky

I am assuming that the event did not have enough people planning to
attend, so they could not afford to rent the Assembly Hall.

If it was cancelled by the University, that would be censorship.

Hmm. I wonder which it was.

> (And doesn't canceled have one L?)

Either way is technically correct, though the one L is the preferred
spelling in American English.

However, I will point out a few reasons I like the double LL:
* cancellation is spelled with the double LL
* the e is short. With one L, would it not be canceeeeeled?

-karen medina