[Peace-discuss] [Peace] "Chief" Homecoming event is CANCELLED!!

Robert Kutz rbkutz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 19:42:36 CDT 2010

This, of course, requires some reasonable argument for why a demand against
the sale of merchandise bearing the Chief - or the promotion of a dance
using the Chief logo in advertising and decoration - is really 'property
besting speech' in any meaningful sense.

Cursing the nasty lot of capitalists seems a bit of an odd way to go about
bemoaning the unexplained cancellation of a racist event. Again, maybe we
can wait and see how free speech was actually violated (whether within or
without a framework rejecting the concept of the trademark as unjust) before
clucking our tongues at the whole dirty affair.