[Peace-discuss] Chief's 'Next Dance' is back on

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:18:30 CDT 2010

I don't like the University having the mascot of Chief Illiniwek. The
trustees did away with the mascot.

I think the group that wants the Chief back have no hope of getting what
they want. I think they are fools, but fools who have a right to spend their
money on a party. And on lawyers.

As with parties where people make fun of other people, I really don't have a
say over what kind of parties these people choose to have. I have the right
to not attend.

I do have a say over what the University does. But I don't have a say over
what a club does.

Overall,
I would prefer to picket the party-ers.

I see no point in picketing the University.

-karen medina

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> So now we picket the U to go ahead and sue, rather than "the kids" to
> understand what we're objecting to. I like this a lot. Maybe someone will
> rewrite the lyrics to "Sweet Sue"
>  --Jenifer

karen medina