[Peace-discuss] Fw: BREAKING: Citizens United gunning for Reid

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 09:27:51 CDT 2010

This just in, illustrating my point... --Jenifer

--- On Tue, 10/19/10, Chuck Schumer <info at chuckschumer.com> wrote:

        Trouble viewing this message? Click here to view it as a web page.

                    Jenifer,

                    "Citizens United says Harry Reid is top target"

                    -- AP headline 10.15.10

                    We're only 14 days from election day, and the deeply flawed Citizens United Supreme Court decision is doing precisely what we thought it would -- allowing special interests to pour millions of dollars into political ads to buy our elections.

                    Not surprisingly, the group whose case overturned 100 years of election law and gave special interests the upper hand has identified Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid as their top target in 2010.

                    Please, click here right now and make a small, secure online contribution of $25 or more to help Harry fight back!

                    Harry's opponent Sharron Angle is a radical, hard-right extremist.  President Clinton was recently in Las Vegas and said that she would be a "disaster for America."

                    Angle wants to repeal health insurance reform, privatize the Veterans Administration, eliminate the Department of Education, kill Social Security and Medicare, and let big banks and oil companies write their own regulations -- referring to the BP victims compensation fund as a "slush fund."

                    America cannot afford to lose Harry Reid -- please make a donation of $25 or more to his campaign to help him fight off the corporate cash Citizens United is pouring into attack ads in Nevada.

                    Thanks so much for your consideration. I've known Harry Reid for a long time, he's a great friend and a brilliant legislator. If we work together, we can make sure we return Reid to the Senate to lead the fight for passing strong campaign finance reform.

                    Chuck Schumer

                    P.S. Harry Reid is a tremendous ally in the fight to ensure the results of our elections, from New York to Nevada and all points in between, represent the will of the people -- not the special interests. You can help Harry punch back against Citizens United right now by clicking here and making a grassroots online donation today!

                                                        Paid for by Friends of Schumer

                                                        509 Madison Avenue, Suite 1902

                                                        New York, NY 10022

        If you do not wish to receive e-mails from Friends of Schumer, please click here to unsubscribe.