[Peace-discuss] FW: Gill for Congress campaign

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 20 16:57:35 CDT 2010

This guy too stands to the right of his opponent in regard to the war, although
he dissembles his actual position in pursuit of votes.

It hasn't worked, though. The NYT gives him an 0.2% chance of winning. (Yes, two
tenths of one percent.)

(If you like those odds, I'd like to invite you to join the weekly poker game at
my place.)

The chances are that he will secure a smaller percentage of the vote than any
Democrat in this district in this century, with the possible exception of a
Democratic party place-holder who was rushed into the race in 2002 to keep votes
away from a Green candidate.

It's not clear that a serious anti-war, pro-jobs - and therefore
anti-administration - campaign would have done any better than Gill's
personality parade, but for all his pretense to be an "independent Democrat"
(that meant only that the state party, realistically assessing his chances,
wouldn't give him any money), it certainly wasn't tried.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/house/illinois/15?scp=2&sq=david%20gill&st=cse