[Peace-discuss] DN: NAACP Report Ties Tea Party to Militia and Racist Groups

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 20 17:32:02 CDT 2010

Pure McCarthyist, guilt-by-association tactics.

("Are you now having, or have you ever had, militia-like thoughts?")

Remember that 1950s McCarthyism began as a Democratic party technique,
associated with the Truman administration's construction of the "national
security state," to stave off demands for a more equitable post-Depression
society.  Only later was the red-baiting and heresy-hunting farmed out to a
dipso senator from Wisconsin, Tail-gunner Joe.

Democrats and Republicans ran against Communists at home and abroad for a long
time as an alternative to producing the social progress Americans wanted. The
Obama Democrats are simply doing it again - like the Bourbons, they've learnt
nothing and forgotten nothing - but they're sadly short of Communists.
Teapartiers will have to do  - especially if behind them we can descry shadowy
forces of the ultimate evil in the liberal cosmos, Racist Hate Groups - and the
accelerating concentration of wealth and the concomitant immiseration of the
majority can proceed apace.

We did it for diversity.  What color are the rich kids?