[Peace-discuss] Britain's Budget Cuts - Will the Bell Toll For Us?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:03:58 CDT 2010

Failure to cut military spending in Britain will mean draconian cuts -
25% - in the domestic budget, the New York Times reports. Their fate
will be ours if Republicans take Congress and we don't get serious
about cutting the military budget. But we can't get serious about
cutting the military budget until we end the wars. By dithering about
peace talks - excluding Pakistan and key Taliban leaders - the
Pentagon is threatening your Social Security check.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/britains-budget-cuts---wi_b_771570.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/10/21/123514/48

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/736

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Urge Congress to Support a Timetable for Military Withdrawal from Afghanistan
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/feingold-mcgovern