[Peace-discuss] Fw: What you can do

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 12:44:59 CDT 2010

Call for Progressives to help Progressive candidates. Help if you can. --Jenifer

--- On Tue, 10/26/10, James Rucker, ColorOfChange.org <info at colorofchange.org> wrote:
#yiv685724750 , #yiv685724750 td, #yiv685724750 font {font-size:10pt;}
#yiv685724750
#yiv685724750 td p {margin:0em;}
#yiv685724750 p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv685724750 td div p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv685724750
#yiv685724750 .yiv685724750X0uMP p {margin:1em 0;}

A few hours of your time can impact thousands of voters.

Please join the
Call out the Vote program.

Click below to learn more and sign up.

Dear Jenifer,

You're one of ColorOfChange.org's most dedicated members, and we wanted to invite you to participate in a special program that could make a huge difference on Election Day.  It's not for everybody but we thought it might be right for you.  We can't think of a more effective use of your time to impact what happens next Tuesday — and over the next two years.

As you might know, several key races are likely to be really close on Tuesday.  Tea Party activists and the far right are determined to take control of our government and take our country backwards — and they're counting on those of us who put President Obama in office to stay home.

It's why we're inviting you to participate in "Call Out the Vote," an unprecedented program that will touch literally hundreds of thousands of voters, helping them remember what's at stake with their vote.  It will help turn out thousands to support candidates in close races — candidates who are with us on the issues that matter most.

Can you volunteer a couple hours of your time this week to call voters? All you need to participate is a phone and your computer (and you don't need to make any long distance calls).  Click here to get more info and sign up for a shift:

http://calloutthevote.com/coc.html?source=coc

Our friends at the Progressive Change Campaign Committee and Democracy for America have set up Call Out the Vote, and we've joined them.  It's easy to get involved and the effectiveness of the system is unlike anything we've seen before.

It's efficient: their phone system only connects you to live people — no answering machines or busy signals.

It works from anywhere: it's an easy way to volunteer your time in support of the people we need in Congress, regardless of where you live.

It's fun and fulfilling.

Races all across the country are going to go down to the wire. Right-wing candidates are already talking about the things they'd like to do if they get elected — things like undermining social security, and repealing the minimum wage and health care reform.  There's even talk of impeaching President Obama.1

We also know that we can't assume that all Democrats will fight for us on the issues we care about. Some have sided with corporate lobbyists to stand in the way of things like health care and financial reform.  It's why we're focused on supporting candidates we can count on to stand up to their right-wing colleagues and corporate lobbyists and fight for what's right.

If you can help, you'll be calling to get out the vote for progressive leaders like Russ Feingold in Wisconsin, Annie Kuster in New Hampshire, Alan Grayson in Florida and Joe Sestak in Pennsylvania.

Please take a moment to sign up.  It will be rewarding and you'll most definitely make an impact:

http://calloutthevote.com/coc.html?source=coc

Thanks and Peace,

-- James, Gabriel, William, Dani, Natasha and the rest of the ColorOfChange.org team

   October 26th, 2010
Help support our work. ColorOfChange.org is powered by YOU — your energy and dollars. We take no money from lobbyists or large corporations that don't share our values, and our tiny staff ensures your contributions go a long way. You can contribute here:

https://secure.colorofchange.org/contribute/