[Peace-discuss] Ineptitude of US assassination squads

Ron Szoke r-szoke at illinois.edu
Sat Oct 30 18:38:10 CDT 2010

JONAH GOLDBERG
[National Review Online]
OCTOBER 29, 2010
All Quiet on the Black-Ops Front
Why isn’t Julian Assange dead?

I’d like to ask a simple question: Why isn’t Julian Assange dead?

In case you didn’t know, Assange is the Australian computer
programmer behind WikiLeaks, a massive — and massively successful —
effort to disclose secret or classified information. In a series of recent
dumps, he unveiled thousands upon thousands of classified documents
from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Military and other government
officials insist that WikiLeaks is doing serious damage to American
national security and is going to get people killed, including brave Iraqis
and Afghans who’ve risked their lives and the lives of their families to
help us.

Even Assange agrees. He told the New Yorker earlier this year that he
fully understands innocent people might die as a result of the “collateral
damage” of his work and that WikiLeaks may have “blood on our hands.”
WikiLeaks is easily among the most significant and well-publicized
breaches of American national security since the Rosenbergs gave the
Soviets the bomb.
So again, I ask: Why wasn’t Assange garroted in his hotel room years
ago?

It’s a serious question.

<cut>

<http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/251393/all-quiet-black-ops-