[Peace-discuss] Below is the list I have of upcoming events. Did I miss anything?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:59:47 CDT 2010

Below is the list I have of upcoming events.
Did I miss anything?

AWARE's table at the Farmer's Market
Saturday, September 11, 2010; 8am-noon

Joe Weber's birthday
Saturday, September 18, 2010

Talk: The Role of Non-Violence in Palestinian-Israeli Relations: A
Conversation with Rajmohan Gandhi
Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm
Location: Champaign Public Library, Robeson Pavilion A and B
Presented by the UC Peace Initiative
Co-Sponsored by: Center for South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies at
the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Candlelight Vigil for the International Day of Peace
Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 7pm
Location: TBA (probably near the Alma Mater on campus)

AWARE Films will be showing "Rethink Afghanistan"
Sunday, September 26, 2010; 2pm-4pm
Champaign Public Library Meeting Room B; 200 W. Green Street,
Champaign, Illinois

March on Washington, DC
October 2, 2010
Organized by United for Peace and Justice
Theme: "One Nation Working Together"
Together, we are marching for:
* Jobs and sustainable economic recovery
* Cuts in military spending to fund community needs
* An end to the US war and occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan
* Peace abroad and renewable energy at home

Midwest Regional Action (in downtown Chicago)
Saturday, October 16, 2010
A teach-in and large antiwar demonstration right in Obama's home town,
during the runup to elections.  Organizing committees (Outreach,
Teach-In, Cultural Diversity, Logistics ...) are assembling.
Interested?  Contact: Andy Thayer,  CCAWR {at} aol.com.