[Peace-discuss] Fw: You're Invited to a Virtual Chat with author Andrew Bacevich!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 14:11:29 CDT 2010

Looking forward to this, hope it's of interest to you all as well! --Jenifer

--- On Thu, 9/9/10, Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:

About the Speaker

Andrew Bacevich is a professor of history and international relations at Boston University. He is the author of The Limits of Power and The New American Militarism, and has been published in a wide range of national publications, including The Nation, The Atlantic and the New York Times. Bacevich retired from the U.S. Army as a colonel.
About the Book

Washington Rules: America's Path to Permanent War is a call for Americans to reject the Washington consensus for permanent war. The book is particularly timely now: in December, President Obama has pledged to review his current policy of military escalation in Afghanistan, while the majority of Americans and the majority of House Democrats want him to establish a timetable for military withdrawal.

Dear Jenifer,

On Friday, September 24th at 3:30pm Eastern (2:30pm Central, 12:30pm Pacific), join us for the second in our series of FREE interactive video chats with foreign policy experts. We'll be chatting with retired U.S. Army colonel, military historian and New York Times bestselling author Andrew Bacevich. You can participate in the event from anywhere as long as you have a computer and an internet connection. We'll be taking questions from the audience, so come prepared!

To register, simply follow this link:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/bacevichtalk

Bacevich's new book, Washington Rules: America's Path to Permanent War, was released August 2nd. Washington Rules is a call for Americans to reject the Washington consensus for permanent war. Bacevich's call is particularly timely now: in December, President Obama has pledged to review his current policy of military escalation in Afghanistan, while the majority of Americans and the majority of House Democrats want him to establish a timetable for military withdrawal.

It's our hope that Virtual Brown Bag attendees will be able to read Washington Rules before the event, but the discussion should be intelligible to all. If you haven't read the book yet and you're interested in doing so, pick it up at your local bookstore, library, or buy it online through the link below. By purchasing the book through this link, you help fund the Virtual Brown Bag program:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/buywashingtonrules

For a brief discussion of the book, check out Robert Naiman's review:

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/662

Thank you for all you do for a just foreign policy,

Megan Iorio, Sarah Burns, Robert Naiman and Chelsea Mozen

Just Foreign Policy

Contribute to Just Foreign Policy

While the Virtual Brown Bag with Andrew Bacevich is free of charge, we do very much welcome voluntary contributions. Your donation will help us continue the Virtual Brown Bag program.

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate/vbb

        © 2010 Just Foreign Policy

        Click here to unsubscribe