[Peace-discuss] Did Arianna Huffington wake up on the RIGHT side of the bed?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 13 14:06:59 CDT 2010

  What can you possibly object to in the rather anodyne but accurate account
that Arianna offers?

E.g., "We have had endless conversations about jobs will be our priority, jobs
will be our focus, but it is not really happening. The president asks for all
ideas. We have all been screaming many ideas, you know Republican, Democrats,
from payroll tax holiday to a really serious infrastructure and jobs program to
a green bank and to an infrastructure bank, to tax credits for small businesses.
The ideas are out there. What is missing is that sense of urgency and the
political will."

That's obviously correct.  The only objectionable point I see here (and Arianna
has elsewhere offered objectionable points, I admit) is her apparent enthusiasm
for Arne Duncan.  I hope she's right about him, but a lot of people don't think so.

Was there anything else?  --CGE