[Peace-discuss] Fw: It’s time to stop FOX News

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 15 18:05:31 CDT 2010

  I agree.

It's remarkable how willing liberals are to abandon their own announced
principles on free speech if it's their oxymoron that's gored...

As another friend of mine used to say, the first task of radicals is to demand
that liberals live up to their principles.

--CGE

On 9/15/10 3:22 PM, E.Wayne Johnson wrote:
>  Fox generally sucks, but gag orders suck more.
>
>  ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Jenifer Cartwright
>  <mailto:jencart13 at yahoo.com> *To:* Peace-discuss
>  <mailto:peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> *Sent:* Thursday, September
>  16, 2010 3:29 AM *Subject:* [Peace-discuss] Fw: It’s time to stop FOX
>  News
>
>  Fyi...
>
>  --- On *Wed, 9/15/10, James Rucker, ColorOfChange.org
>  /<info at colorofchange.org <mailto:info at colorofchange.org>>/* wrote:
>

>  Fox News is dividing the country with smears and lies
>
>  <http://act.colorofchange.org/go/396?id=2143-1141418&akid=1587.394109.QsVKhb&t=1>

We’ve launched a new campaign to fight Fox like never before.

>  Will you join us? Click here to sign up for the campaign and get your
>  free “Turn Off Fox” sticker:
>
>  Click here
>  <http://act.colorofchange.org/go/396?id=2143-1141418&akid=1587.394109.QsVKhb&t=2>

A couple weeks ago we launched Turn Off Fox, our big new effort to stop Fox News
from spreading misinformation and stoking division in our communities. *Over
125,000 of us have already signed up for the campaign — will you join us?*
You’ll get a FREE “Turn Off Fox” sticker, and we’ll tell you how to get more
involved if you can. Click here:

>  *MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from
>  "act.colorofchange.org" claiming to be*
>  http://colorofchange.org/turnofffox?id=2143-1141418
>  <http://act.colorofchange.org/go/384?id=2143-1141418&akid=1587.394109.QsVKhb&t=3>

It's happened to all of us. You're in a public place and Fox News is on TV. You
sit and simmer, or pack up and move on. You can't bear the idea that the lies,
distortions and race-baiting that Fox News uses to divide our country are being
promoted as mainstream news.

>  *Fox is poisonous — and it spreads and is legitimized partly through
>  public TVs. It's why we’ve launched Turn Off Fox — a massive campaign
>  to get Fox turned off in stores, restaurants, and other public
>  places.*
>
>  Will you join us in calling on businesses in your community and
>  across the country to stop playing Fox, and declare your own
>  household a "Fox-free zone"? With thousands of our signatures to back
>  them up, ColorOfChange members will visit local businesses that play
>  Fox, explain how divisive and dangerous it is, and ask them to turn
>  Fox off.
>
>  Please take a moment to add your voice:
>
>  Some people watch Fox at home because it reflects their view of the world; but
there are others who see it on TV in public places and assume that it's
legitimate news. *Fox News is often on in bars, restaurants, airport lounges,
stores — appearing to be real news, while spreading lies and fomenting hate and
division.*