[Peace-discuss] Letter in DI

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 18:06:57 CDT 2010

9 a.m.

________________________________
From: Brussel Morton K. <mkbrussel at comcast.net>
To: John W. <jbw292002 at gmail.com>
Cc: David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com>; Peace Discuss
<peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Mon, September 20, 2010 4:58:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Letter in DI

David: gee, I will have missed the opportunity of tuning in to the O'Reilly
program.  And what time, etc, is the WGN radio program; have you accepted to
join that?

John,

I (almost) always appreciate your sage comments, but your statement—"I'm more
and more aware…"—clearly does not apply to me, or thee :-)

--mkb

On Sep 20, 2010, at 4:41 PM, John W. wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>Thanks Mort,
>>
>>The responses are indeed disheartening, but it's impossible to tell what
>>population they are coming from. This whole thing has gone viral. I've been
>>called to be interviewed on WGN radio in Chicago tomorrow. I also received a
>>call from Fox to go on the O'Reilly program tonight, which I turned down.

That's fascinating.

I would also add that it's easy to fall back into "it's the yahoos" mode in
reading these comments, but we need to stay focused on those in power.

I find that in EVERY internet political/philosophical discussion (and real-world
discussions as well), while some comments are of course just plain idiotic,
others make valid if adversarial points.  I'm more and more aware that we're all
just blind men with the elephant, identifying various aspects of a topic or
problem but rarely stepping back far enough to perceive the forest in all of its
biodiversity.   (Please forgive the mixed metaphor if you perceive it as such.
:-)  )

Furthermore, as you say, the commenters on these discussion boards (as well as
most of the letter-writers) are just venting their spleens.  They have no real
power to affect/effect public policy, except through their vote, which is what I
presume you're attempting to influence.

John Wason

DG