[Peace-discuss] Focus; or, how racism covers war crime

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 21 06:36:34 CDT 2010

  "Howard Kurtz, the media editor of the Washington Post, was among those
journalists critical of [Helen] Thomas, suggesting that she should 'go home' to
Lebanon and that she is a heroine to Hezbollah. Asked why the mainstream media
has largely ignored Peretz's views over the years, Kurtz replied: 'I'm afraid I
just haven't focused on the subject'"!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/21/harvard-faces-revolt-martin-peretz

No surprise that the best coverage of this intensely home-grown embarrassment is
found in the foreign media.