[Peace-discuss] The War is Lost - some comments on the comments (from David Swanson)

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 12:15:37 CDT 2010

Back to basics, or rather back to Bacevich -- did you all watch JFP's brown bag discussion yesterday?? Bacevich gave his view of the US mindset re endless war and military engagement and occupation and said that these are dated concepts and that things must change -- it's such a no-brainer, nobody could possibly disagree, so what's behind the continuation, in his opinion?? He told uo when and why this all began, and when and why it became ill-advised, and impractical... but he didn't say which "powers that be" are continuing to perpetuate these and why... nor who is benefiting... and whether there's any hope that things will change, looking unflinchingly at these. --Jenifer