[Peace-discuss] AWARE letter of support for CSAMES Illinois Humanities Council Application

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 29 21:45:19 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 09:24:45PM -0500, Karen Medina wrote:
> >But having seen past CSAMES programs,
> > I wouldn't really expect them to take that tack.
>
> I totally agree.
>
> Still, I am curious as to how an anti-war group's recommendation will
> help their research proposal.
>
> I am not saying no, in fact I am saying yes, but still I wonder.

They want to show that the film series has support from others
in the community -- that they'd be doing a community service
by putting it on, and that they've chosen a series topic
that's interesting enough that others outside their department
will jump on their bandwagon.  A good thing for a granting agency to see.