[Peace-discuss] Hillary & Henry: A Love Story

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 11:05:12 CDT 2010

The historical account (first link) that I was confronted with by the
News-Gazette at breakfast this morning is, of course, hogwash. It was the South
Vietnamese peasants--not the North Vietnames regime--that were determined to
overthrow the leaders that we had chosen for them.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-kissinger-vietnam,0,4484531.story

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/activist-berates-white-house-kissinger/

"In introducing Kissinger, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton — who
opposed the war as a college student and has written that she held contradictory
feelings about expressing her opposition — spoke in broad terms about how the
conflict influenced her generation's view of the world.

"Like everyone in those days, I had friends who enlisted — male friends who
enlisted — were drafted, resisted, or became conscientious objectors; many long,
painful, anguished conversations," she said. "And yet, the lessons of that era
continue to inform the decisions we make.""